The second round of the tournament is nearing its end and points table has started giving a fair idea of teams that will qualify for the Quarter Finals. In this segment, we are going to look at the qualification scenarios for all the teams playing in the second round.
Few teams that have booked their place in the Quarter-Finals are Argentina, Australia, Serbia, France and Poland. Others might be living by the edge of the sword in the tournament. Have a look at the different group’s scenarios.
- Argentina and Poland Qualified for the Quarters,
- Russia and Venezuela knocked out of the tournament,
- Argentina vs Serbia & Poland vs Spain in Quarter Finals.
- Serbia and Spain Qualified for Quarter Finals,
- Italy and Puerto Rico out of the tournament,
- Spain vs Poland & Serbia vs Argentina in Quarter Finals.
- USA and Czech Republic will qualify if they both win their matches.
- If USA and Greece win:
- Greece wins by a margin of 11 points: USA & Czech Republic Qualify.
- Greece wins by a margin of 12 or more: Brazil & Czech Republic Qualify.
- Brazil and Czech Republic win:
- Brazil win by a margin of 21 points or less: USA & Czech Republic Qualify.
- Brazil win by a margin of 22 points or more: Brazil & Czech Republic Qualify.
- Brazil and Greece win then Brazil and USA will qualify for the quarter-finals.
- France and Australia have qualified for Quarter Finals.
- Lithuania and the Dominican Republic have been knocked out of the tournament.
So these are all the possibilities of teams qualifying for the Quarterfinals of FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019. For Groups I, J and L teams are sorted and already qualified for the next round but the scenarios of Group K is interesting and still, it is not certain that which team will qualify for the next round of the tournament.